Looking ahead to 2023 and beyond, Happy City is looking to reconnect with volunteers all over the City of St. John’s. We hope to hold events live and in person again and we need you! Sign up for our volunteer list if you are interested in helping to organize events related to any of the following:
- The Built Environment: Urban planning and architecture.
- Democratic Process: Coordinating work to demystify the goings-on at city hall, keeping an eye on engagement efforts, and getting people out to public consultations.
- Transportation: Transit systems, bike infrastructure, roads, and trails.
- Community and Cultural Life: Organizing and promoting community-building and neighbourhood life.
- Healthy Cities: Looking at how we can build a community and an environment that supports health.
- Economy, Finance, and Affordability: Keeping our city’s economy ticking and its amenities accessible to people across the income spectrum.
We welcome all skillsets, interest areas, and backgrounds – just tell us what you want to do.